Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 25th Before Results



Ok , I don't have a scale at home . So when I go to class in the morning I usually weigh myself . Today currently I am 239 lbs. my goal weight is 150 lbs. with no expected time limit . I know 150 is a little farfetched but if Mo'Nique and Jennifer Hudson can do it . Then I know for sure Shanae can do it . Having faith is one of the major steps of losing weight . Before you can turn to anyone else you must without a doubt in the world have FAITH in yourself . Like I said before in my last post I am losing weight for my sake not for others . If you are losing weight for someone else's approval then you are doing it for the wrong reasons . You are living your life for yourself not for anyone else soo if you feel good the way you are then stay the way you are . Stay true to yourself !

But as for me , I feel like have to lose this weight to make myself happy and healthy . I know with the right dedication , motivation , and proper dieting . I know for a fact I can get down to the size I want . Now for starters , my day starts at 7am Monday through Friday . I am in class for approximately 6-7 hours Monday-Thursday so when I get home all I wanna do is eat and sleep . But being a fulltime student and mother and working part time can be exhausting and overwhelming . A lot of mothers use that as an excuse not to exercise .

But ladies , use your kids as a tool to lose weight . Run around with them at the park or better yet let them get the exercise and join in with you . My one year old son of course doesn't understand the concept of exercising but seeing his mommy jumping and dancing around gives him acceptance and energy to do it along with me lol . It may be tiring but in the end its all worth it .

Welp , let's get into it . First question : What do I do to lose weight ?
For you New Jerseyans well if you live in South Jersey in specific . I live in Pennsauken soo im pretty close to Cooper River Park so its within walking distance . I walk there , walk around the whole park twice ( not the track , the PARK ) , then walk back home . Because of mother nature's bipolarness . I haven't done it in a month soo I substituted by playing the game Just Dance 2014 for the Xbox One . For those who wants to try it out you can it get from Wal-Mart , Target , Best Buy , Gamestop , etc. for 40 bucks . Its worth it , if you have a wii or xbox 360 with the Kinect you can also purchase it .

I play it for 45-60 mins every day . I always eat before I play it too . I rather eat and burn the calories than to eat then lay down and gain more weight . Even if you have the wii or xbox 360 w/ Kinect and you have any Just Dance , Michael Jackson The Experience , or any dance game play it for at least 20 or more minutes a day . Trust me it may seem like there are no results but each day makes a difference . The calories you burn the more fat you are trimming down .

I try to eat 3 meals a day not 2 . I have a habit of not eating then when I do eat I start to pig out smh , NOT healthy at all . So now when I do eat I eat in smaller portions . When dieting it doesn't completely mean stop eating and starving yourself . Its about what you eat and how much of it you do consume . One of my close friends gave me some advice for losing weight .

  • Use a small bowl for eating smaller portions , if you over fill it then it probably means that you are eating more than you should be for dinner .
  • Drink PLENTY of water . I know its easier said then done , get rid of the sodas and sugary juices !
  • Do NOT use not going to the gym as an excuse for not exercising . Think outside the box and come up with an alternative to get in shape .
There are few tips to get you going . I am posting some pictures of some things that I do use to try to keep in shape .


I posted this on my instagram and facebook account but this what I drink . I don't drink throughout the day but just twice . You can get these from any supermarket and Wal-Mart supercenters . They are about 1.50 each and the juice I use to mix with it is Ocean Spray white peach cranberry (no sugar added) , Tropicana orange and Mott's apple juice . Its no substitute for water but it does great and it's healthy !


For those who wants to get into the gaming idea , I recommend this one . Its about 40 bucks and its definitely worth the money . It has a Just Sweat Option which calculates the calories you burn while playing this mode . Like I said before at least 20 mins or more a day playing these type of games . This could be a great alternative if you cant get to the gym !

My information if anything once again my email is shanaelashawn@gmail.com , instagram : musikjunkieee .

GOOD LUCK  !!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are thinking about your health and making a concerted effort at setting and reaching your goals. Remember to set short term goals while working towards your long term goal, that way you have small successes to celebrate along the way...and remember you are beautiful inside and out, no matter what your weight is, so desire to be healthy first....Love ya,,,UNC. Lav.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Uncle Lavar that means a lot ! I love you too <3

      Delete